Roam Free of Cords and Cables
The Wireless Communication Transfer Protocol (WCTP) bridges the gap between the Internet and the airwaves so that your information and technology can go places that network cables cannot.
WCTP is an open, non-proprietary protocol for message transfer between wireline and wireless networks. It supports both one-way and two-way devices and receipt and delivery of both text and binary messages. WCTP is implemented by all major paging carriers and most cellular service providers.
If you're looking for a WCTP consultant, you need look no further. Regner Internet Consulting has extensive experience with WCTP, employing it to develop multiple complete systems for one-way and two-way communication with pagers and pager-enabled devices. Quite simply, if it contains a pager receiver, we can build an application that talks to it.
FEATURED PROJECT PROFILE
- A company providing equipment and services to the automotive industry contacted Regner Internet Consulting regarding their newest product, which incorporated a pager receiver. They needed a Web application to serve as the complete interface and control system for thousands of these devices.
- The application was required to handle all communications with the devices in real time in a robust and efficient manner without overtaxing the Web server, database or paging providerís server.
- In addition the website had to be designed so that people with little to no computer or Internet experience, sometimes coming in via dialup connections, could navigate its features successfully.
- An administrative back end was also required so that company employees could perform all the maintenance tasks associated with managing the entire system.
- Regner Internet Consulting delivered all these requirements and more with a combination of a MySQL database and server side scripting in PHP.
- The application utilizes WCTP to dispatch messages to the paging service provider's system round the clock at 5 minute intervals. Configurable redundancy and retries upon error allow fine tuning both reliability and use of bandwidth.
- Lightweight Web graphics keep load times reasonable over dialup connections while a logical, hierarchical menu structure keeps operations simple for the end users.
- The administrative site shares the same interface design to maintain a consistent feel and provide access to more advanced features and tasks with the same ease of use.
- With its thoughtful design and implementation, this site and its database have grown with the company over the years to support a continually expanding number of devices and new features and capabilities.